Pages

 photo img_04.jpg  photo img_06.jpg  photo img_05.jpg

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Pineapple Quilt

Last Summer I made a Pineapple quilt. I wanted to experiment with different machine quilting designs, so I had a LOT of fun! My favorite part of the quilt is the blue chevron with the vertical stitching.


I felt this was a super summery quilt, and it looks right at home next to the water. It makes me want to have a picnic... With pineapples and watermelon. :)


This is a closeup of some of the detailing. All the machine stitching were patterns/inspirations from Natalia Bonner's Next Steps in Machine Quilting.


This was the first time I used an exciting print for the binding instead of a solid color. I love the colors together.


I haven't used this quilt yet... I felt it was special since a lot of time went into the quilting, so I've kept it in my closet for now. But quilts are meant to be used, so I'll bring it out next summer!

-Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment